All you need is a big, large-mouth glass container with lid, decorative serving bottles (or smaller storing bottles, like mason jars), vodka, fruit and sugar.
- 3 cups of fresh or frozen whole berries (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc.)
- 3 cups of 80 proof Vodka (buy a good brand, doesn’t have to be the best.)
- 3 cup of white granulated sugar
- 1 cup of water
- Add water and sugar to saucepan; heat slowly.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved and mixture thickens.
- Cool syrup to room temperature.
- Add berries to large container.
- Add Vodka and syrup.
- Secure lid and shake gently.
- Place the jar in a cool dark place and leave for 10-14 days.
- Strain the berries into a clean glass container, being careful not to crush them. Strain again through a fine-mesh strainer. You can stain a third time through cheesecloth if you want to ensure there are no seeds remaining.
- Funnel liqueur into decorative bottles, leaving about ½” space at the top
- Store bottles in a cool, dark place. If you can’t wait, go ahead and try some. The longer the liqueur sits, the better the taste.