- Your favorite pizza dough (the little doughboy is my quick fix)
- Homemade basil pesto; approx. 4 tbs
- Tomatoes, freshly picked from the garden and thinly sliced – use whichever and as many as you want (for this particular recipe I used sun gold cherry). When your garden is done for the season, use stem tomatoes.
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella
- Fresh basil, if desired
- Balsamic cream (if you don’t have this in your pantry, run to the store NOW.)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven as directed.
- Roll out pizza dough and placed on prepared sheet. *
- Spread with pesto, covering the surface.
- Add tomatoes. Tear cheese into tiny pieces and dot the crust.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Bake as directed (approx. 12-15 min) until golden brown. Remove, let cool slightly, and cut into bite-sized slices.
- Drizzle with balsamic cream.
*I prefer a rectangular shape for cutting into appetizer bites. Another option is to roll out dough and cut individual circles using a 2 1/2” biscuit cutter.