(Adapted from Pillsbury’s Country Apple Dumplings)
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and cut into eighths
- 1 can low-fat crescent rolls
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cardamom
- 10 oz champagne (substitute with other sparkling wine)
- 2 oz apple brandy
- Preheat oven to 350
- Wrap each apple slice in a crescent roll, starting from the narrow end of the roll.
- Place in buttered 9×9 inch pan.
- Melt butter and add sugar and spice.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Pour over apples.
- Mix champagne and brandy.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden; foil if dough begins to brown early.
Serve warm as desired.
Suggestions: vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, salted caramel sauce.