Adapted from kentuckyderby.com
- 4 c mashed potatoes
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 tbs DEVO chipotle EVOO
- 2 oz canned chipotle chiles with adobo sauce
- 4 c vegetable stock
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground chili
- 1 c grated Mexican shredded cheese, plus additional for garnish
- Freshly sea salt and pepper to taste
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ¼ c fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbs chopped red onion
- 1/2 lime
- In large stock pot add mashed potatoes, stock and cream.
- Add cumin and chili.
- In sauté pan over high heat, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil for about 1 minute.
- Add chipotle chiles and adobo sauce and lower heat to medium.
- Cook until onions are translucent; add to potatoes.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper to potatoes.
- Use immersion blender to mix until smooth.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer soup to individual serving bowls and garnish with pepper mixture.
- In small bowl, mix bell peppers, cilantro and onion.
- Squeeze lime over pepper mixture and stir.