Dawa translates as medicine. In many of the recipes I found, it calls for lime and dawa. I have NO idea of what dawa is or where to find it, so lots of local honey from my farmers market will have to do. I added a honey stick, which then doubled as a straw…this drink cured my aching back.
- 1 lemon, sliced into 6 sections
- 1 tbs local honey
- 1 honey stick
- 1 tsp cane sugar
- 2 oz vodka
- Crushed ice
- Cut lemon sections in half to form chunks.
- Add lemon, sugar and honey in shaker.
- Muddle to squeeze juice out of lime.
- Add ice and vodka.
- Garnish with honey stick.