- 1 1/2 c crème fraîche (or sour cream)
- 2 tbs espresso finely ground
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 12 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
*Replace vanilla with your favorite liqueur
- In saucepan, combine the creme fraiche, espresso and vanilla.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; turn off heat as soon it boils.
- As soon as it boils, turn off the heat.
- While cooking, place bittersweet chocolate in medium bowl.
- Using a sieve, strain hot creme fraiche mixture into the bowl.
- Whisk until chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Cover and chill until firm, at least two hours.
- Using a small cookie dough scoop or spoon, make 1” balls of the truffle mixture.
- Roll in cocoa until coated.
- Carefully remove to another tray covered with waxed paper and refrigerate, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Transfer to an airtight container and keep chilled until almost ready to serve.