- Your favorite pizza dough (the little doughboy is my quick fix)
- Fig jam, enough to cover pizza dough; approx. 4 tbs
- 1 Bartlett pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 oz Brie cheese
- 1 c fresh arugula
- ½ c almonds
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven as directed.
- Rinse and pat dry arugula. Flash sauté arugula, until it becomes slightly wilted. Remove from pan. Add almonds and more oil if needed; sauté until slightly browned. Set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough and placed on prepared sheet. * Spread with fig jam, covering the surface. Add arugula followed by pear slices. Tear cheese into tiny pieces and dot the crust. Sprinkle with almonds. Season with salt and pepper, if desired
- Bake as directed (approx. 12-15 min) until golden brown. Remove, let cool slightly, and cut into bite-sized slices.
*I prefer a rectangular-shaped pizza for cutting into appetizer bites. Another option is to roll out dough and cut individual circles using a 2 1/2” biscuit cutter.