- Betty Crocker Gingerbread Cookie mix
- Vanilla cake mix
- Added ingredients for both
- Combine Betty Crocker Gingerbread Cookie mix and your choice of vanilla cake mix, adding required ingredients for both.
- Place liners in cupcake can and fill 2/3 full with batter. Bake according to cake mix instructions.
- Create a cavity in the cupcakes. Use a small sandwich or cookie cutter to create a shape; carefully remove to keep shape intact.
- Fill, frost, and top as desired; if using a shaped cutter, slice approx. ¼” from the top of the removed cake to use as topper.
Maple Pumpkin Frosting (using my Basic Frosting as the base)
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1 c butter
- 1 c Fluff
- ½ c canned pumpkin puree
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 c powdered confectioners’ sugar
- Place pumpkin on layered paper towels to remove excess liquid.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, Fluff, pumpkin, nutmeg, syrup and vanilla at medium speed.
- Beat in sugar until frosting is fluffy.