I made homemade pasta, which was gluten free but contained eggs. Substitute pasta for a vegan version: buckwheat, soba, corn, rice, etc…
- 1 batch prepared gluten-free pasta (or 1 box)
- Jar of organic tomato sauce
- 16 oz firm tofu (about 1 1/2 cakes)
- 1 c fresh basil, chopped
- 1 c steamed spinach, drained
- 1 tbs EVOO
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper to taste
*Consider adding veggie meat-less balls to one of the layers for added texture
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Lightly oil a 9 x 13-inch baking dish
- Add tofu, basil, spinach, oil, garlic, salt and pepper to bowl.
- Use immersion blender (or food processor or blender) and mix to form thick filling.
- Spread enough tomato sauce to cover bottom of baking dish.
- Top with layer of pasta.
- Add enough filling topped with enough sauce to cover pasta.
- End with layer of pasta and remaining sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for 15 minutes.