I haven’t tried this for a fruit pie, but use it for savory tarts.
What you need:
- 1 1/2 c Bob’s Red Mill Sweet White Sorghum Flour
- 1/2 tsp fleur de sel (or sea salt)
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tbs cold milk
What you do:
- In mixing bowl combine flour and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Slowly stir in milk, about 1/2 tbs at a time, until flour mixture is moist.
- Place dough between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- Using hands, form dough into solid flattened ball.
- Roll to desired size.
- Remove top wrap and invert into pie dish.
For unfilled crust: bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
For filled crust: bake at 400° for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350° for 40 minutes.