I had leftovers from my Frozen Mojito Mini-Pies and added a half-cup of mascarpone cheese and some fresh lime juice. When making spiked ice cream, it’s best to add the alcohol towards the end of freezing as alcohol can slow the process. If I hadn’t had leftovers I would have substituted the condensed milk with milk or fat-free half and half and added ½ c stevia or sugar. I served this with Strawberry Mint Sorbet.
- 2 c heavy cream
- 1 c fat free half and half (or milk)
- 1 6-oz can frozen limeade concentrate (frozen, do not thaw)
- ¼ c mascarpone
- ½ c stevia or sugar
- 2 tbs light rum
- ½ lime
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Mix cream, half and half, limeade and sugar until mixed.
- Gently fold the lemonade mixture into the mascarpone.
- Squeeze juice from ½ lime into mixture and stir.
- Chill mixture for an hour.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Add the rum towards the end of freezing.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
I usually serve in mini-martini glasses; for this posting I used mini-waffle bowls.