- 1 1/4 c ebelskiver pancake mix*
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 c milk
- 2 tbs unsalted butter, melted, plus more for cooking
- ¼ c Nutella
- ¼ c mascarpone cheese
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Maple syrup
*If you don’t have ebelskiver pancake mix substitute with your favorite pancake recipe.
- In small bowl mix Nutella and mascarpone cheese.
- Place pancake mix in medium bowl.
- In separate bowl, whisk egg yolk, melted butter and milk.
- Add egg mixture to pancake mix and whisk until incorporated.
- Beat egg whites until frothy and gently fold into batter.
- Place ¼ tsp butter in each ebelskiver well.
- Turn heat to medium.
- When butter begins to bubble add 1 tbs batter to each well.
- Place a dollop of Nutella mixture in center of each ebelskiver well.
- Place 1 tbs batter on top.
- Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Turn, using ebelskiver tongs, and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan to plate.
- Makes about 21 ebelskivers.
- Plate with maple syrup drizzle and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
*If you don’t have an ebelskiver pan, make silver dollar pancakes and follow similar instructions.