Fresh pears + chocolate frangipane (sweet almond-flavored cream) = yum. (I can do math!)
Pastry Dough: ¶
Use your favorite pâte brisée recipe; in a pinch? Use a good quality ready-to-bake pie crust.
- 3 pears, cored and sliced thin
- ½ c unsalted butter ¶
- ¾ c sugar ¶
- ¾ c egg substitute (or 3 eggs) ¶
- ¾ c ground almonds ¶
- 1 ½ tbs flour
- 1 ½ tbs cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Amaretto
- ¼ c apricot jam (I used one with chili)
- 1 tsp lemon juice ¶
- Slivered almonds for garnish, if desired
Bake as directed for filled crust.
- Mix butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs, almonds, flour and Amaretto and mix well.
- Heat oven to at 350°.
- Fill shell with frangipane.
- Place pear slices on top in desired pattern.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until pears are tender and begin to caramelize.
- Heat jam in saucepan until melted.
- Add lemon juice and stir.
- Brush glaze over tart.
- Sprinkle with slivered almonds, if desired.
Suggestions: Whip up some Amaretto whipped cream