I served the hummus with artisan sea salt crackers and artisan cinnamon crackers (from my farmers market). The combination of the smoky, spicy and sweet hummus worked well with both the savory and sweet crackers.
- 1 c pumpkin puree
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans
- 1 tbs EVOO
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cocoa
- 1/4 tsp adobo sauce
- 1/4 tsp smoked Spanish paprika
- Place pumpkin in bowl.
- Drain cannellini beans and place in food processor; process until smooth.
- Add all seasonings and olive oil and process until well combined.
- Add to pumpkin and mix thoroughly
- Serve with crackers, pita triangles, fresh vegetables, etc.