slightly modified from Super Natural Every Day
- 2 1/2 c cooked quinoa, at room temperature
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 c fresh scallions, finely chopped
- 1 Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 c freshly grated Gouda
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 c Panko bread crumbs, plus more if needed
- Water, if needed
- 1 tbs Devo Olive Oil Chipotle EVOO
- Combine the quinoa, eggs, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Stir in scallions, onion, cheese and garlic.
- Add bread crumbs, stir, and let sit for a few minutes so the crumbs can absorb some of the moisture. (If it’s too dry, add a little water; if it’s too wet, add some more bread crumbs)
- Form into 12 patties.
- Heat oil in grill pan over medium-low heat.
- Cook 6 patties at a time.
- Cook for 7 to 10 minutes, until the bottoms are deeply browned. (Adjust heat if needed.)
- Carefully flip the patties with a spatula and cook the second sides for 7 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from the skillet and cool on a wire rack while you cook the remaining patties.
Serve as desired. I topped with hummus, and a red pepper and artichoke spread.