- 1 lb beets (mix red and golden if available), washed and trimmed*
- 1 lb rhubarb, cut into 1” pieces
- 4 c fresh greens (arugula, spinach, etc.)*
- 2 navel oranges
- ½ c fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Citrus Vinaigrette (see below)
- ½ c chopped pecans
*if using fresh beets, reserve greens
- 4 tbs Devo Mango White Balsamic
- 4 tbs Devo Blood Orange EVOO
- ¼ c honey (local)
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1 orange, halved
- 1 tsp basil, finely chopped
- Freshly ground sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- Place beets on baking sheet and drizzle with ¼ c EVOO, salt and pepper to taste; wrap up.
- Roast for 45 min or until fork easily pricks beets. (Roasting time will vary depending on size of beets; check after 30 minutes. If not done after 45, continue roasting and check every 15 minutes.)
- Remove beets from oven and open foil; set aside to cool.
- Replace foil on baking sheet and place rhubarb on foil.
- Roast until stalks soften, 5-8 min.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet.
- Peel beets and slice into chunks.
- Peel and slice 2 ½ oranges into segments. (reserve other half for vinaigrette and reserve peel for garnish)
- Sauté greens in a very small amount of EVOO until just wilted.
- Place greens on serving dish.
- Top with rhubarb, beets and goat cheese.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Top with pecans and orange zest strands.
- Whisk together first five ingredients.
- Squeeze juice from one half orange into mixture.
- Stir in fresh basil.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.