I served this with Mojito Ice Cream
Slightly adapted from David Lebovitz’s The Perfect Scoop
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
- ¼ c Stevia or sugar
- 2 tsp Grand Marnier
- ¼ c blue agave
- ¼ c pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp mint, finely chopped
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Place strawberries in bowl and toss with sugar and Grand Marnier.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add agave and maple syrup and mix gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Purée the strawberries mixture with the lemon juice until smooth
- Add salt.
- If you don’t want the seeds, press through strainer to discard.
- Chill mixture for an hour.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
I usually serve in mini-martini glasses; for this posting I used mini-waffle bowls.